Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blue Eyeshadow: It's our friend... AGAIN.

I can remember watching a talk show when I was younger and this older lady got ROASTED for wearing blue eyeshadow. I remember thinking, "What's wrong with blue eyeshadow?" For whatever reason, the transition from the 80's to 90's fashion forbade any woman, let alone a woman of color, to wear blue eyeshadow. Here are a few pictures from blue eyeshadows in the 80's:

YEESH!


Pat Benatar in Blue Eyeshadow


Cover Girl Ad for Blue Eyeshadow in the 80's





Now that we have youtube gurus and classes that keep us from looking like clowns, blue eyeshadow is back and better than ever. The trend is BIG this Fall season and needless to say we love it! Here are a few tips and pictures with several different ways to wear blue eyeshadow:
 

1. Keep the rest of your makeup light Nude lips with gloss suits these strong eyes perfectly. Avoid colors on lips, they'll not only compete with your strong eyes, but the colors could clash.



 2. If you have darker skin, then simply start with a darker blue color. Deep turquoise and teal blues look outstanding on women with dark skin and brown eyes!


 3. Blending is key. Combining colors blended in this manner keeps the eye from looking all blue.

 




As you can see from the photo even women with blue eyes can wear beautiful blue eye shadow colors. The makeup trick is to create contrast. Popping Blue eyes with a FIERCE lip is always key to make a statement as well.


As you can see, there are shades of blue for every shade in every color! Even our First Lady is doing it!








4 comments:

  1. Beautiful examples of women wearing various blues and great encouragement illustrating how certain blues work better on different skin colors.

    But as President, I cannot cosign on the wearing of blue eyeshadow. When it's done right, it's done right, but there is SUCH a margin for error, I vote against such legislation.

    I am Jackson Harlem and I approve this message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style 4 Curves: I am in love with it! I can't wait until I have an event to go to so I can sport some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson Harlem: I'm done with you! Lol!

    ReplyDelete