Sunday, December 2, 2012

M.A.C.'s "Grey Friday" VS. Kate Moss' #15 VS. Urban Decay's "Oil Slick"

So, I stepped out of my "Frugal Box" and went ahead and purchased my first M.A.C. lipstick. "Grey Friday" went on sale on Black Friday so I was compelled to purchase. Many reviewers stated that there were dupes to this, so I decided to go on the hunt. After reading several reviews, I decided to compare it to Kate Moss' #15 and Urban Decay's "Oil Slick".

Now the veteran's of M.A.C. stated that "Grey Friday" originally was debuted in the 90's as "Jet". I was only into Avon at that point in time only because my Aunt sold it. The go to color for me was "Cherry Jubilee" lol!

Left: Urban Decay's "Oil Slick", Rimmel's Kate Moss in #15 and M.A.C.'s "Grey Friday"

These lipsticks are very different in color and in texture as I intially noticed. Looking at the textures, I wondered about the payoff in the color.


Urban Decay in "Oil Slick"
Urban Decay's "Oil Slick" is EXACTLY what it says: OILY. I didn't like the texture or the payoff in color. I felt as if I was putting on a lip gloss opposed to an actual stick. I buffed my lips before applying and "Oil Slick" still found a way to find creases and dry skin on my lips to make it stand out. It was a definite thumbs down in my book.

Rimmel London's Kate Moss in #15



Rimmel London's Kate Moss in #15 is more of a purple frosty color. (Think of 80's lipsticks). It is definitely a cool based lipstick, and it can possibly be pulled off for a 9-5. This is definitely the wearable color out of all three.

M.A.C. in "Grey Friday"
M.A.C.'s "Grey Friday" is a frost lipstick as well. Though the color is an absolute go for Gun Metal, I would say that the texture and the payoff in color makes it worthwhile to play in makeup to create different looks. I want to try it with a black lipliner to see how it would look.




All in all, these colors look NOTHING alike. Oil Slick is too oily, #15 is a good frosty purple to wear to the office and Grey Friday is definitely a fun color to play up or down, depending on your mood.





 


1 comment: